The CarHistory Report is a comprehensive report on the reported history of a used motor vehicle that has been registered in Australia. The CarHistory Report is designed to alert you to potentially significant information about a vehicle.
A CarHistory Report includes a PPSR Certificate and depending on the information returned, the report can provide you with:
- A PPSR Certificate - formerly REVS (which indicates if there is existing finance on the vehicle)
- If the vehicle has suffered damage resulting in a written-off status, e.g. hail, fire, accident, flood
- If the vehicle’s odometer reading is consistent with what has previously been reported, or if it has potentially been wound back (based on the reading you provide)
- If the car has previously been reported as written off or stolen
- Previous sale listings
- Vehicle safety and emission ratings
- What the car is expected to be worth in the current market
Comprehensive CarHistory Reports also include Vehicle Buyback Insurance (the only report in Australia to offer this feature). This insurance provides you with added peace of mind if your vehicle is a stolen vehicle, a written-off vehicle or encumbered at purchase, by covering you for a period of three months from the date you purchase your CarHistory Report or when a valid claim is paid, whichever comes first. Find out the details.